Stained glass windows
St Alban’s features several stained glass windows.
The prominent stained glass windows at the rear of the church are a triplet set of large Norman arched windows representing three saints. Saint Alban in the centre is flanked by St Michael on the left and St George to the right. The panel of Saint Alban was donated in 1898 by a pioneer member of the church, in memory of the Very Rev Frederick Goldsmith, their first Dean of Perth.
The panels with St Michael and St George were a bonus due to a mistake made by St George’s Cathedral who discovered, after the windows had been purchased and shipped from London, that they were the wrong shape for the Cathedral. So they were left in storage, almost forgotten for 10 years until their timely discovery allowed for their 1898 installation in St Alban’s.
In addition to these, there is a stained glass window of Jesus and the disciples, and a circular window with angels waiting to crown the martyr with the words Alleluia, Alleluia. In 1928 a small window of Mary and Jesus was installed and in 1985 a window of Saint Luke.